"Ok, ok. Why do you shop?"
"Because when I shop, the world gets better. The world is better! And then it is not anymore... And I need to do it again."
The first word to say, which is exactly how I feel, is that this movie is a rehabilitation way for most of shop-a-holics to go, and it needs someone to understand it.
1. get along
(1) 原文：Well，Mom's idea might have worked great on a bunch of four-year-olds, but she's going to have to think of something better if she wants me and Rodrick to get along.
(2) 解释：live or work together in a friendly way.
If you get along with someone, you have a friendly relationship with them.
(3) 造句：The two sisters don't get along at all．They are very different in character．
2. off limits
(1) 原文：The basement is off limits.
(2) 解释: If a place is off limits to someone, they are not allowed to go there.
(3) 造句：This beauty salon is off limits to men.
3. get the hang of
(1) 原文：But we couldn't really get the hang of it, so we made up our own secret language.
(2) 解释: (informal) to learn the skills that are needed to do (something)
(3) 造句：I'm not really getting the hang of this game.
(1) 原文：See, Rodrick is the only one who knows about this really embarrassing thing that happened to me over the summer, and he's been holding it over my head ever since. So if I ever tell on him for anything, he'll spill my secret to the whole world.
(2) 解释: tell on sb: (informal) to give information about someone, usually something bad that they have said or done, especially to a person in authority.
spill my secret: 泄露秘密
(3) 造句：My sister is the only one who knows that I lost 500RMB last week, and she's been holding it over my head ever since. She warning me that once I tell on her for anything, she will spill the secret to my parents.
三. Article (仿写26页两段）
Ever since I bought the dishwasher, my husband has been going to the bedroom after dinner to play DOTA. He spends at least 2 hours a night there working on that game. I know he would be happy to spend the whole weekend playing it, but sometimes I want him to spend more time with me.
I like to go shopping, and I make my hunsband go together with me. And what make it really annoying is that he just sits on a bench and then plays games with his phone. Gosh, is this typical?
At the very beginning of the movie, Rebecca had made clear her indulgence in shopping. In the other side of the shop windows, there's another world. A world where the most beautiful delicate encounter takes place. And she had some words that completely hit me.
You can never exchange your lover for a gorgeous cashmere sweater within 7 days.
How can a lover ever be compared to shopping?! When he's with you, he doesn't necessarily bring you fantastic clothes and jewellery and things like that, but when you break up, he doesn't even give you a sweater. You don't have anything, if you do, it's a broken heart. Who'd ever make a money-losing deal like that?! I mean, being in the shop center, you find yourself in a new world. Everything is brand new, fashion forward and glittering, and they also smells good. Moreover, just a punch of your credit card and they're all yours. It feels like the whole world coming back to you. Your desire for things and your satisfaction of getting them can overcome any kind of sadness. It brings back all your self-respect and the confidence to live a fabulous life, telling you how gorgeous you are. This is when you find it a must to be there, shopping. It's like an addiction.
If you're not a shop-a-holic and you don't feel the same as I do, there's no need for you to read on. You'll never understand the heartbreaking feeling when you have to break up with all those shopping centers and everything you love. You'll never understand the desperation when you find yourself having nothing left because of the unreasonable thirst for luxury. You build your own prison and you lock yourself up in your carnal desires. It's such a great beat that there are tears running in your eyes. Now you admit the fact that it's a bad thing and you're a coward who can never fight against yourself.
"It is amazing what you have time to do when you're not shopping. And instead of a relationship with my credit card, I have a relationship with someone who loves me back. And never declines me."
This movie is the right brand of give-up-smoke candy for most of the shop-a-holics, at least the ones like me. Cut the knot, and made the decision. That's what to do to move on in life. You need to smash everything into pieces to live a better life.
And for those who aren't shop-a-holics, or those who don't understand the attraction of fashion, you just don't have the right to say anything negative about the movie. Since you've never been into it, you'd never know how to get out.